Friday, March 12, 2010

Broken Hearted

Last night at dinner I allowed the girls to have fruit punch with dinner. I showed them how to tightly screw on the caps of their juice bottles & gave a lengthy lecture on how important it is to always put the lid on when the juice is sitting on the table. I scooped up an armful of towels I had just folded & went to the hall closet to put them away.

I only had time to open the closet door before I hear a highpitched shreak from Caleigh & Alessa shouting, "CALEIGH DID IT! CALEIGH DID IT!" Way to throw your sister under the bus.

Dropping my newly folded towels, I swooped into the family room to survey the scene. Caleigh had indeed managed to 1) leave the cap off her bottle 2) start fiddling around with a toy that was clipped to her belt loop & 3) hit her bottle with her elbow with enough force that it didn't just fall to the ground, it missed the "drop cloth" completely & splashed fruit punchy goodness across the carpet.

"Caleigh!!! I just told you to keep the lid on!"


:::sobsobsob:::

"Take your bib off, go into your room & don't come out until I tell you to."

:::sobsobsob::: "But I'm still hungry!"

"I'll talk to you when I'm finished cleaning this up." I growled while searching for the oxyclean.

"You're hurting my heart Mommy!" :::sob:::

"You hurt my heart when you don't listen to what I ask you to do."

:::sobsob::: "My little-" :::sobsob::: "heart is-" :::sobsob::: "BREAKING!!!"


And with all the drama of a Hollywood actress, my 4 year old turned around ran from the room, flung herself across her bed & buried her face in her pillow.

And the Academy Award goes to...

1 comment:

  1. Christy, it's good to know that someone else lives with the craziness. Thanks for making me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete