Sunday, October 17, 2010

Happy Birthday!


Today was my grandfather's 91st birthday so we all went to my parents' house for dinner & to celebrate. The evening was winding down & I asked my girls to go give everyone hugs & kisses goodbye. Alessa & Caleigh skipped around the room giving everyone hugs before Caleigh gave a final twirl and wave before darting off to put her shoes on. However, my little Alessa, heaven help the poor girl who received her mother's coordination, did not have such a graceful ending.

Alessa proceeded to give her last hug to my sister, trip over her feet & fall. Her hands darted out and grabbed the closest object to try & prevent the inevitable impact. The closest object was my skirt... my elastic-waited skirt.

Happy birthday Poppy! I'm sure you wanted to see your grand-daughter with her skirt around her ankles on your 91st birthday :(

No comments:

Post a Comment