Monday, October 18, 2010

Mad Ducats


Today the girls received their Halloween cards in the mail from Grandma & Papa Watsie. They were absolutely vibrating with the shear excitement of unexpected mail, but when money fell out... they were tipped over the edge of the cliff.

"Money!?!?" Alessa all but shouted. "Why is there money!?!?"
"Well, let's sit down & read the card," I offered. I read the cards, letting them pick out the sight words they'd been working on & sounding a few words out.
"Wow," breathed Caleigh reverently, "a whole dollar."
"A dollar? Check the number on it again," I challenged.
"Five dollars!?!?" Alessa exclaimed.
"Five dollars!" Caleigh echoed, "we can buy ANYTHING!!!"

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your blogging again!! I love hearing the silly stories =)

    ReplyDelete