Thursday, June 25, 2009

Observations of a 3 Year Old

This afternoon I received a call from one of my best friends, Meg.

"Christy, it's been one of THOSE days - is the offer to swim in your parents' pool still standing?"
"Absolutely! The girls are unlocked from their room, er, wake up at about 4 so we'll meet you there at about 4:30?"

Meg lives through the twinsanity that I do and on top of it she has adorable little 9 month old Caitlin. The thing that's the greatest about hanging out with Meg & her boys is that our children get along eerily well. There's a reason for that - they are carbon copies of each other. Aside from Meg's boys being about 9 months younger than my girls (alright, and that whole "Y - chromosome" thing") they are exact replicas.

Alessa/Ian is our observer - hanging back to watch everything before acting - but also our little police patrol & quick to right any wrongs the other children may be commiting. Caleigh/Brendan is super cuddly and our little silly heart with a joke, song or dance ready to spring forth. They all get along fantastically well and Meg & I joke that they'll always have a date to any dances.

Meg & her brood met me at my parents and we spent about an hour in the pool before breaking out food for dinner. Food kinda becomes communal when with a group of children :) The children had a grand time splashing in the pool & kicking the ball around on the grass before it was deemed time to get ready to go home.

Meg & I stripped off their wet suits and began the process of dressing all the little ones in pajamas when Meg noticed Alessa staring :::ahem::: AT Ian with a perplexed look on her face. Alessa then pointed:

"They have something coming out of the front of their bottoms - I don't have that."

:::sigh::: My little observant one.

No comments:

Post a Comment