Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Watch Out For Squirrels

Recently at Target, Caleigh, being somewhere OTHER than our house, immediately decided she needed to check out the new bathroom - still within the first year and a half of being fully "potty-trained", I'm not comfortable calling her bluff quite yet.

With a "Do you really want me to take her into the men's restroom?" look from their father, Mommy left Alessa with Daddy & headed into the bathroom with Caleigh with potty ring in hand. I entered a stall and stopped dead in my tracks as there was urine ALL over the seat (come on people - be considerate). I said to Cailegh, "Wait a minute, Love - there's pee-pee all over the seat. Let's go in another stall." As I opened up the potty ring & sat her on the toilet in the new, non-urine covered stall, she looked at me very seriously and we had the following conversation:

"Mommy, do you know who went pee-pee all over the seat?"
"No Honey, I don't."
"It was the squirrels."
Blink. Now I was intrigued.
"The squirrels?" I asked
"Uh huh. See that hole up there?" she explained, pointing to the vent in the ceiling, "The squirrels needed to go potty so they came through there but they missed the seat & went pee-pee on the toilet."

Yes, that's right ladies and gentlemen. Next time you're in a public restroom and there's urine all over one of the toilet seats, be sure to warn the management that they have a squirrel problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment