Monday, July 13, 2009

The Curse of Being a Teacher...

...is how much errors bother you. For example:

*"Where are they at?" YOU DON'T NEED TO SAY "AT"!!!
*"Fustrated" - you're missing a consonant, you need to go find it
* And the worst of all, improper use of apostrophes. I know, I kinda sound all "no wire hangers"-ish, but it's almost painful to be driving down the road and see the sign "STrAWBErrY'S FOr SALE".

But one of my more recent little discoveries is the fact that apparently AOL News hires baboons to proofread their work. Take a look at the photo caption in the picture below. I had to read it 3 times to make sure what I was reading was correct.

"Permanently killed"? As opposed to all those times we temporarily kill something?

1 comment:

  1. Obviously you have no experience with rare species of deer. Odocoileus zombicus, O. vampira, and O. inferii are all known for their ability to be temporarily dead or, in the professional parlance, UNDEAD.

    Also, I am soooo with you on the apostrophes. Check this shirt http://www.sharingmachine.com/index.php?item=33

    ReplyDelete