Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Kids Scream the Darnedest Things

Last year, I was shopping in Target to get some last minute things for a trip we were taking (I know, don't the best stories always happen in Target?). I had the girls in the double side-by-side and we were in the deodorant aisle and called Rik on my cell phone to ask if he had enough deodorant for our trip or if I should pick some up while I was thinking about it. I looked down at the girls as I closed my phone and noticed that Alessa had her shirt up over her head and was rubbing a tube of roll-on deodorant on her chest.

"Alessa!" I admonished as I took the tube away, "Put your shirt down! We're in a store! What are you doing?"
"Nipple Mommy!" she smiled. I turned the tube in my hand and there was in fact a shirtless man on the label preparing to make himself smell his pure sport best.
"No, Honey," I replied, "This is not for your nipple."
"Oh."
Then she got THAT look in her eye and all-but-shouted:
"MOMMY'S NIPPLE!!!"

I had no clue they keep the temperature so high in Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment